1. Big-spending US firms are forcing their UK counterparts to increase salaries right the way from newly qualifieds to the top rainmakers — though that did not stop David Higgins, private equity star at Freshfields, from decamping to Kirkland & Ellis just before Christmas. Boutique specialists are luring clients away by offering faster, more focused services.
4. Carry out deleveraging in an active and prudent way.
5. Honestly if you want to laugh your way through a Netflix original movie, please just watch The Incredible Jessica James because it's a delightful romantic comedy that blows everything else out of the water.
6. We will take solid steps to pursue a new type of urbanization.
1. 10. “Results” (Andrew Bujalski)
2. Beyoncé vs. Jennifer
3. Rated 6.4 points out of 10 on the review website, some users said the drama focused too much on romance.
6. “What Happened, Miss Simone?” (Liz Garbus)
1. I always judge the tank on actions and not by words. So, when teams say they're not in the tank and then run out a bunch of undrafted free agents while injuries to star players linger, that's when you know it's on.
2. “Someone resigned via a video conference call.”
4. Contrary to the consensus view -- which assumes that smartphones in China will only get cheaper -- she cites research showing that the average selling price stablized last yearand has actually started to increase as Chinese users trade up to higher-quality smartphones.
3. The wealth and depth of knowledge from around the world adds tremendous value to the course, wrote another graduate from the US, adding that “with so many cultures and experiences represented, a classroom ethics discussion about bribery is not your typical boring USA version”.
According to Brett Mills, senior lecturer in film and television studies at the University of East Anglia in the UK, Friends was the first sitcom that directly addressed the problems faced by twenty-somethings. Watching the show feels like reading the story of a young person’s life.